How to Apply for Teaching Positions in The Chang School
All applications for teaching positions in The Chang School must be submitted online through Ryerson’s eHire system. Applicants must apply for individual course sections. Information and evidence supporting applicant qualifications must be provided in your teaching dossier/resume.
Details on course sections that are available through this competition process are contained in individual job openings in eHire. Each job opening includes the specific qualifications and experience required of applicants. Applications are assessed in accordance with the following criteria (see CUPE 3904 Unit 2 collective agreement):
- Education (your academic credentials and professional designations, as applicable)
- Experience (relevant teaching experience and relevant work and/or community experience in the professional field or discipline)
- Currency (evidence of having maintained up-to-date knowledge and recent achievements in the field)
- Teaching skills and ability to interact effectively with adult students and colleagues
For detailed, step-by-step instructions on using eHire to apply for Chang School teaching positions, consult the eHire Online Learning Module.
Summary of application steps:
- Access the list of posted Chang School job openings:
- If you are currently (or recently) employed at Ryerson, log in to my.ryerson.ca, select the eHR tab, and from the Main Menu, click on Self Service/Recruiting/Careers. Make sure that your browser allows popups from my.ryerson.ca.
- If you are not currently employed at Ryerson or cannot access my.ryerson.ca, consult the careers page on the Ryerson Human Resources website.
Do you need help? While completing the eHire application process, there is a HELP icon in the upper-right corner of each page that will bring you to the appropriate e-learning module.
Do you have a question? Email email@example.com and we will respond during regular Chang School business hours.
Important note for members of RFA (Faculty) and CUPE 3904, Unit 1 (part-time/sessional instructors)
This application process is only open to those applicants who qualify for membership in CUPE Local 3904, Unit 2, that is:
- Applicants from the general public who are qualified to teach and who are not members of the excluded groups listed below
- Members of CUPE Local 3904, Unit 1 (day sessional instructors) seeking work in addition to their current day load
Excluded groups include:
- The Ryerson Faculty Association (RFA)
- CUPE Local 3904, Unit 1 members who are accessing continuing education teaching in fulfillment of their day load
- Academic and administrative Ryerson University staff at the Chang School academic coordinator level and above