International Midwifery Pre-registration Program (IMPP)
The International Midwifery Pre-registration Program (IMPP) is a 9-month bridging program. It provides internationally educated midwives with the following:
- knowledge and skills assessment and enhancement
- orientation to midwifery practice in Ontario
- a three-month clinical placement with competency assessment
- six-month accelerated stream for qualified entrants
- preparation for the mandatory Canadian Midwifery Registration Examination (CMRE)
The IMPP is intended for experienced internationally educated midwives, fluent in English, who have practiced midwifery within the past 10 years. It is not a re-education or re-training program.
The admission requirements and process for the IMPP has changed. Please read Eligibility Requirements and How to Apply.
The program is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration, Labour Market Integration Unit.
Internationally educated health professionals face many challenges in becoming registered to practice in Canada. The IMPP at Ryerson University helps internationally educated midwives meet these challenges.
Posted by Introducing Toronto on Friday, March 14, 2014