Ryerson University’s G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education has developed the Certificate in Fundraising Management to provide students with a sound understanding of the role that fundraising can play in support of organizations in the nonprofit and voluntary sector. This program will prepare aspiring fundraising professionals for career entry, help managers in charitable organizations expand their fundraising skills, and provide growth and renewal opportunities for experienced professionals. Whether your interest lies in a focused area like special events or planned giving, or in a more general fundraising or charitable sector management position, The Chang School has a course for you.
NewsTalk 1010 interviews Cathy Mann, Academic Coordinator for the Certificate in Fundraising Management, on how to decide where to donate your money during the holiday season.
This comprehensive six-course program provides both aspiring and current fundraising professionals with the critical knowledge and skills to succeed in the charitable sector. The Chang School’s portfolio of fundraising courses is recognized Canada-wide as a leading program in the field. Its success and popularity is based on the following:
- The university-based curriculum reflects the most current trends and realities in the nonprofit sector.
- Experienced and skilled fundraising professionals teach the courses in the program.
- The course material is practical and relevant, reflecting the scope of work undertaken by fundraising professionals and charitable sector managers in Canada.
- The program can be pursued in the classroom or by distance education via internet.
- The program provides an excellent opportunity to network with other professionals in the field.
The courses listed below are available through Distance Education:
Jamie Novak, a learner in The Chang School’s Certificate in Fundraising Management, talks about how the certificate is helping to advance her career.
The Certificate in Fundraising Management provides learners with the knowledge and skills to succeed in the nonprofit sector. The curriculum covers all critical aspects of fundraising, from the initial stages of research and planning through to implementation and evaluation. Through The Chang School’s flexible delivery of classroom and online learning options, students will achieve the following:
- increase their understanding and skills in charitable sector fundraising management
- gain the skills and knowledge to develop, run, and manage successful, leading-edge programs to raise funds for charitable organizations
- learn the most current and cost-effective ways to plan a campaign
- develop and implement a wide range of strategies and tactics for a successful and ethical operation of a comprehensive fundraising program
“Ryerson’s Fundraising Management program gave me valuable tools, knowledge, and an invaluable network of professional colleagues. I’m a better fundraiser because of the program.”
- Mike den Haan, Executive Director, Advancement, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
Full participation in each course of the Certificate in Fundraising Management is applicable for 39 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
If you are actively pursuing your CFRE designation, you may want to use the CFRE Continuing Education Points Tracker to keep track of the courses and education points you acquire through Ryerson’s Fundraising Management certificate program.