The Chang School offers mentorship opportunities to students in Gateway for International Professionals’ bridging programs.
The mentoring experience can be a major source of development and satisfaction. The benefits of mentoring are significant for mentors of Chang School students:
- enrich cross-cultural awareness and cultural competency
- strengthen coaching skills and leadership capacities
- contribute to talent development within the profession or organization
- enhance personal satisfaction by becoming a change agent in the lives of individuals and society
This experience is also beneficial to Chang School students in the following ways:
- increased job readiness
- enhanced understanding of workplace dynamics
- more meaningful work environment
- increased opportunities for existing career advancement
What are common mentoring activities?
- small group workshops
- facilitated simulations and role plays of common workplace situations
- one-on-one mentoring