ESL/EAL Online Placement Test
All English as a Second/Additional Language courses require an online placement test prior to enrolment. Interested students can access this test online to determine the appropriate level of study. Please note that this test cannot be used as an English Language Proficiency Test required by Admissions for students applying to full-time degree programs.
- Go to the ESL/EAL Online Placement Test.
- Complete all sections of the online test.
- You will receive an email within five business days with your course placement. (Note: During the months of July and August, the ESL/EAL Online Placement Test response time will be up to 10 business days).
- Print the email and bring it to Enrolment Services and Student Fees to enrol in your course(s).
- Take a copy of the course placement email to your first class.
- If you are a full-time student and interested in taking CLNG 111, CLNG 112, or CLNG 113, please familiarize yourself with policies pertaining to enrolment in these courses posted on the Department of Languages, Literatures and Cultures website.