Summer Fashion Intensive
Enrolment update as at April 18, 2017 (subject to change): There are ONLY LIMITED SPOTS REMAINING in this intensive program. Enrolment is on a first-come, first-served basis. Early enrolment is strongly encouraged.
The Summer Fashion Intensive (CDFC 999) offers you the unique opportunity of earning a Certificate in Fashion Coordination and Styling in an intensive 13-week program. This unique fast-track program covers a spectrum of topics that will assist you in developing the creative and commercial skills needed in the fashion coordination and styling areas of the fashion industry.
The range of topics offered covers not only the specifics of Fashion Coordination and Styling, but also the broader areas of the fashion industry in which they are utilized. The courses will help you discover your creative potential, and assist you to demonstrate your acquired skills and knowledge.
Note: The four electives have been preselected to complement the four required courses in the summer intensive program. The combination of the selected courses have been chosen to provide a strong platform and offer you an excellent skill set for creative expression in the areas of fashion coordination and styling. If you want to take additional related courses, you may do so in other terms. Visit Courses in Fashion to see which electives and workshops are currently offered.
Equipment and Facilities
The Fashion Coordination and Styling classes are held in Ryerson University’s School of Fashion, in the centre of the University’s campus in downtown Toronto. Our facilities and equipment are current and provide an opportunity to learn proven professional skills with up-to-date classroom technology and techniques.
Certificate and Course Information
The courses in the Summer Fashion Intensive program include the following four required courses and four elective courses necessary for the completion of the Certificate in Fashion Coordination and Styling:
- CDFA 104 Fashion: Fashion Drawing I
- CDFC 101 Fashion Coordination and Styling: Fashion Coordination
- CDFC 102 Fashion Coordination and Styling: Fashion Styling
- CDFC 103 Fashion Coordination and Styling: Design Fundamentals in Fashion
- CDFC 104 Fashion Coordination and Styling: Creating the Image
- CDFC 105 Fashion Coordination and Styling: Fashion Shows and Special Events
- CDFC 106 Fashion Coordination and Styling: Fashion, Culture, and Society
- CDFC 107 Fashion Coordination and Styling: Fashion Buying
Ready to enrol?
Class size is limited. Visit Summer Fashion Intensive (CDFC 999) for intensive dates, fees, and enrolment.
Note: For those interested in enrolling in individual components of the Summer Fashion Intensive (as opposed to the entire certificate program), see the individual course links listed above for Spring/Summer scheduling options.
Our learners come from a variety of backgrounds and possess a variety of knowledge and skill levels. You do not need to have any prior experience in fashion. This program is designed to appeal to anyone who has an interest in the many facets of the fashion industry focusing on the coordination and styling areas, including those who wish to
- upgrade their present level of expertise,
- retrain or make a career change,
- establish their own business, or
- improve opportunities for advancement or job placement in fashion-related fields
Our experienced fashion instructors are seasoned professionals currently working in the industry. The instructors in the Summer Fashion Intensive work closely with students to create a positive in-class experience developing the learning the skills required to complete assignments and to achieve creative goals.
The following links will assist you in planning your spring/summer studies at The Chang School:
- Information for New Students
- Information for International Students
- On-campus summer accommodations at Ryerson University
For More Information
For further information, contact James Fowler, Academic Coordinator.
For general information or to register, contact The Chang School.