Social Media for Executives
Use social media to position yourself as a thought leader
As an executive or entrepreneur, positioning yourself as a thought leader is key to maintaining a competitive edge and enhancing your company’s brand visibility. Do you know how to use social media to strategically build your personal brand to support this goal?
The G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education has developed Social Media for Executives (CDPR 121), a course designed to assist executives and entrepreneurs in understanding how to use social media in a meaningful way to build their personal brand, manage their online reputation, and develop thought leadership within their sector or industry.
You should enrol in this course if you are:
- An executive looking to strengthen your company’s social media presence and build trust with your stakeholders
- An entrepreneur or Small Business Owner looking to engage with customers and expand your marketing reach
- A Consultant looking to brand yourself as the go-to subject matter expert in your space
Why this course is for you:
After completing the course and participating in class activities, you should be able to:
- Build a following on Twitter and network with your target audience and top influencers
- Implement social media tactics to generate content for your blog, and promote blog posts
- Create a compelling LinkedIn profile and strategically use LinkedIn as a thought leadership platform
- Use social media tools and tactics to craft and manage a strong personal brand
- Optimize your online presence by managing multiple social media profiles and monitoring your online reputation
- Pitch story ideas to mainstream media, as a tool that adds credibility to your brand
- Understand the business case for social media and how to use your personal brand to enhance your company’s overall brand visibility
Location: Ryerson University
Delivery Mode: In-class, bring your own Internet-enabled device (laptop or tablet)
Check out what past participants have to say about CDPR 121:
“Every single one of the Social Media for Executives classes is jam-packed with excellent information about how to use social media as part of your toolkit to build your brand and engage in online conversations. The instructor’s knowledge of social media and her ability to demonstrate its use and application in easy-to-understand layman’s terms gave me the confidence to stop observing and to become a more active and engaged participant. We learned how to write blogs, network with influencers and use top social media brands, from LinkedIn to Twitter to YouTube. I highly recommend Social Media for Executives. It is filled with many ‘Aha’ moments. In fact, I can’t stop talking about it and keep recommending it to my colleagues and peers.”
Paulette den Elzen, Communications Manager, The Canadian Council for Public-Private Partnerships (2014)
Lina Duque, MBA, is a Social Media Strategist and Executive Branding Coach whose work has appeared in Forbesand the Globe and Mail, amongst others. She is advisor to senior executives and entrepreneurs on developing thought leadership and digital presence. Lina is a frequent speaker and lecturer on social media and personal branding. She has presented at top schools and organizations, including McGill University, the University of Toronto, York University, Ryerson University, Smart & Biggar LLP, Meridian Credit Union, Lean In Canada, Ellevate Network and the International Association of Business Communicators. Lina has an Executive MBA from the Ivey Business School, Western University.
Connect with Lina: