Your International Credentials

Thousands of highly skilled and well-educated international professionals come to Canada with dreams of pursuing the same career path they started in their former home.

However, many professions in Ontario require formal registration or licensing with an organization that ensures practitioners have the educational and work experience to do the best job possible. If you want to work in a regulated profession, you should first contact the relevant organization to find out what the requirements for registration or licensing are in Ontario.

Visit the specific Gateway bridging program webpage to connect with relevant professional organizations in your field of interest.

International Education Credential Assessment

Several agencies assess international education credentials to help immigrants access the education and employment they need by evaluating their international education credentials. The World Education Services is one of the most common.

However, not every regulatory organization, college, or university uses the same credential assessment agency. In order to avoid wasting valuable time and money, make sure you first contact the relevant regulatory organization to find out which credential assessment agency you should use.

The same rule applies if you are planning to apply for entry to a college or university program. First contact the institution in which you want to enrol to find out the steps you should take and the credential assessment agency you should use.

For More Information

If you do not know which organization regulates your profession, contact us, or come to The Chang School office to speak with an academic advisor. We’ll be happy to provide you with the information you need.