Spring Ahead in Your Studies

Ryerson University StudentsComplete Degree-Credit Courses in Toronto or Online

If you’re an undergraduate student, you can apply to your home institution for permission to study at Ryerson University’s G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education and use these degree credits approved by your home institution as transfer credits to fulfill the requirements of your program of study. Make up for a course or get a head start on courses that will lighten your elective course load in future terms.

With a variety of scheduling options – one-week and multi-week intensives; daytime, evening, and weekend classes; and online learning – you’ll find courses that fit into your spring/summer plans. Open enrolment for Chang School courses starting in May and June begins on February 25, 2019.

Important Information About Transfer Credits

To ensure the credits you complete at The Chang School will be transferable to your home institution, you must obtain approval from your home institution before enrolling in a Chang School course. Your university will also require time for approval of your proposed transfer credits. For details and a Letter of Permission (LOP)* application form, contact your home institution’s Office of the Registrar. Your home institution will determine whether or not the course you plan to enrol in at The Chang School is an acceptable transfer credit.

*A Letter of Permission (LOP) is an official document issued by your home institution that ensures the Chang School course(s) listed on the LOP will be acceptable credits that are transferable to your home institution. Upon completion, these Transfer Credit courses may count towards your program of study at your home institution.

Note for Ryerson University undergraduate students only: If enrolling in a Chang School course that is to be used for your undergraduate degree requirements, you do not need to apply for Transfer Credit. You must cross-enrol in the continuing education course by selecting the Undergraduate Career (UGRD) when enrolling online.

Note for York University undergraduate students only: Also check out the Ryerson-York Exchange program.

Enrolment Notes

If you are considering taking Chang School courses, we strongly encourage you to request a Ryerson Student Number as soon as possible. This will allow you to obtain a Ryerson Online Identity and enrol in Chang School courses online instead of in person.

Once you have found the Chang School course(s) you are interested in, review the course details to check for possible admission criteria, prerequisites, interview or placement assessment requirements, and course availability. To fulfill prerequisite requirements, you will be asked to provide transcripts to demonstrate that prerequisite requirements have been met. In addition, you may be asked to provide grade reports, course descriptions, and/or course outlines of courses taken at your home institution or at other institutions. The Chang School has final authority on determining if prerequisites completed at other institutions meet Chang School prerequisite eligibility for Chang School courses requiring a prerequisite.

See New Students for further enrolment information.

Useful Links

Use these resources to plan your spring/summer courses at The Chang School:

For additional information on transferring credits in Ontario, visit ONTransfer.ca, a service provided by the Ontario Council on Articulation and Transfer.

Contact us today to explore your options.

For more information, please call 416.979.5035 or email ce@ryerson.ca.