Letters of Permission

Students formally registered in a certificate program who wish to take courses at another accredited post-secondary institution for credit toward their Ryerson certificate must apply for a Letter of Permission. Students must meet eligibility and satisfy all other requirements. As well, they are responsible for obtaining a detailed course outline from the institution where they intend to study and for submitting an application for admission to the host institution.

Note: Transfer Credit is recorded on the Ryerson academic record as CRT and is not included in the calculation of the student’s grade point average.

No more than a total of 50 percent of a program’s requirements may consist of Challenge Credits, credits granted on a Letter of Permission, and Transfer Credits.

For further information about Letters of Permission and how to apply, visit the Curriculum Advising website.