New Students

Thank you for choosing Ryerson University’s Chang School, Canada’s leading provider of university-based adult education.

We provide access to university-level and degree-credit courses for all adult learners, regardless of previous experience. Enrolment for most courses is offered on an open admissions basis, providing convenient access to university classes no matter where you live or work.

The Chang School extends Ryerson University’s academic resources to adults interested in professional development or eventual application to a degree program. If you plan to transfer credits back to your home institution, use your credits to gain entry to a Ryerson degree program (subject to space availability and competition), or if you require more information, please contact us or come to one of our Open House sessions.

To guide you in your first enrolment experience, we have compiled the steps you need to take:

Step One: Obtain a Ryerson University Student Number

New students must obtain a Ryerson University Student Number in order to enrol.

Step Two: Find a Course

Courses and Programs provides a number of easy ways to look for courses, workshops, and programs of study. Search by term, subject (such as accounting or publishing), or format (such as distance education, day of week, etc.). Or browse offerings by area of interest (such as Communication and Media, Design, Languages, etc.).

The Chang School holds Open House sessions to help you make informed decisions about your chosen program. Meet with course and program representatives to receive practical advice that will help you plan your academic path.

Step Three: Before Enrolment

Once you have found a course, review the course information to check for the following:

  • admissions requirements or prerequisites for the course (prerequisites, if any, are listed above each course description)
  • interview or placement assessment requirement
  • course availability

Check Important Dates to see what important dates you need to consider before (and after) enrolling in a course (e.g., enrolment periods, withdrawal deadlines, etc.).

Check Fees, Awards and Financial Aid, and Policies for information on paying course fees, obtaining financial aid, awards, and adhering to The G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education’s academic policies.

If you are interested in registering in a certificate, you should register in the certificate at the beginning of your first course (see also Courses and Programs FAQ). For complete details on the advantages of early registration, registration deadlines, and Transfer Credit restrictions, read Registration in a Certificate Program.

Step Four: Enrol in a Course

Enrol in person, by mail, or online. See Enrolment for detailed instructions.

More Information

The Enrolment FAQ explains the enrolment process in chronological order and deals with topics ranging from interviews, placement assessments, and important dates to classroom lookup and buying books.

Services and Support

The services and support available to Chang School students include academic, employment, financial, health and recreation, and housing and food services.

Need Assistance?

If you require more information, or assistance in finding a course, contact The Chang School at 416.979.5035 or Academic and career advisors are available to assist you as you chart your academic path and plan your future.